Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Separation Anxiety by Rohn Federbush

     Curtain Taylor entered college at age sixteen.  Now she is working for her PhD.  Her sorority sisters were beginning to move out of the house to pursue new jobs.  Curtain was worried for them. They'd be going to a new city where they didn't know anyone.  They all decide to meet with the man who owns the apartment building where they'll live.  He seems nice enough but is he stalking Curtain?  

     I enjoyed this book for the most part. The story is one that can be told any number of ways.  The writing is okay and the characters seem to have more than their fair share of quirks.  I was also happy because this book starts in Michigan.  Ann Arbor to be exact. It was an interesting tale.

     I did find issues.  The mystery in this book seems to take second place. The focus is on religion, not the characters.  This book doesn't have a natural flow to it. It reads a little too formally and dry.  Just when you think, now this book is going to take off, it shuts you down.

     I gave this one 2 cheers out of 5 because of the issues above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment