Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Betty: A Memoir by Mary McSwain Steele

      Betty grew up in a small town and she raised her children in the same small town. She wanted to travel and see the world. Betty had to put that dream on hold for a few years though. After she got her nursing degree, a job offer came her way. With this job offer she'd be able to travel the world. Her children would be grown by this time. Betty loved the traveling. She had to get through some pretty bad things to get to the job offer. Better never regretted anything. 

     This is a satisfying book. It allows you to see life from the point of view of her children. They share what it was like to grow up in Betty's household. There was plenty of love flowing through this house. Betty's work ethic and sense of justice guides her through life. Her children learn so much from her. I enjoyed learning about this woman. I really felt for her when she went through the troubled times as well. You need to read this book. It's a good one.

   I did find an issue. This is supposed to be about Betty but there is more about her children and their lives than hers. I understand the children will be a part of it but they shouldn't over shadow Betty.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the issue above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment