Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Silver Beach by Claire Cox

    California. A place of sun and sand and unfortunately bad memories for Mara. When she receives a call telling her that her mother is ready to be discharged from the hospital, Mara must decide if she is flying to California or not. The thoughts propel her into the past. Mara could not foresee what would happen once she is in California.

   The writing in this one is terrific. It seems to go in many directions. Reading this type of book takes your full attention. The family in this book is not the typical one you'd expect.  There are many parts to the family in this one. Though the story is heartbreaking, it gives you all the players thoughts and feelings. Many times the conflicted thoughts send them in directions they would normally avoid. This is a tough read but worth your time.

     I didn't find any issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it has a ring of familiarity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment