Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Poisoned Heart (Lady Marmalade #1) by Jason Blacker

     Lordy and Lady Apleby run the Abernathy Castle.  Lordy Apleby lost his import business when World War I and II destroyed it.  Abernathy Castle is one of England's smaller castles. It still has a moat though it's rather disgusting. When the kitchen maid ends up dead it will take some work to find out who did it.

    I enjoyed this mystery. It's well written and the characters are well defined. It's like the old timey mysteries. This one didn't need all the high tech stuff to be good.  I love the idea of it being in a castle. I've always thought they were wonderful.  Mr. Blacker did a really good job with this one.

   I did find issues. It is a bit short. I would like to have had it longer. This book needed more in the middle. There is a big jump from she's fixing sandwiches to she's dead.  It needs more work up to the murder. Clues and the detectives were missing.

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because everything happens in the middle of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment