Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review of: For Every Action There are Consequences By: Gail M. Baugniet 


   Set in 1968, when the Vietnam War and Civil Rights were the top news of the day, this book takes you on a roller coaster ride that will amaze you!  Pepper Bibeau resigns from the Army where she was a nurse. A year later she's doing less stressful work as a medical claims investigator for an insurance company. Pepper does suffer some nightmares of her time in Vietnam and  therefore at times she's a little jumpy. 
    Going about her job trying to get information for some medical claims filed, Pepper stumbles into several situations leading to unsafe conditions.  Just when you think you have the whole thing figured out... someone else pops into the mix and makes you rethink your approach.  Pepper loves mysteries though and she'll do her best to find the answers to these.
     I love this book! It's one I couldn't put down. Pepper is such a loving character and just imagining from what's written, what she went through in Vietnam makes you want to hold her.  I enjoyed that Pepper didn't feel she had to be strong and independent all the time. I love the Hawaiian tie in because I lived in Hawaii for 2 years myself. I was enthralled and amazed by their customs and way of life. 
    The only sad part for me was that Pepper didn't have her son with her. As a mom I can't imagine making the decision she did, but I respect the writer and character for it.  
      Overall you are going to enjoy this book so much!! I know you'll find the characters well rounded, some like-able and some not. You have to read this book!! I, myself have read it twice already it was that good! Rarely do I read a book twice in a row.


I give this book 5 out of 5 books!  Gail earned it and more! Be sure to tell friends about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment