Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Review of:  Shady Lady By:  Ann Aguirre 


     Corine Solomon, decedent of Solomon from the Bible, is trying to stay alive. She just wants to run her small pawn shop and live life simply.  Fate has other plans for Ms. Solomon and she can choose to follow those plans or be on the side of Satan.  It's not as if she's alone though. She has friends to help her and Kel Ferguson, The Hand of God, her own personal guardian has been sent to see that she's protected.  Corine will go through many things before she makes her decision of which path to follow. 


        For those of you familiar with Ann Aguirre's books, this is another wild ride to stay alive. It's action packed and filled with the expected things Ann's books are so famous for. I don't want to spoil it for those reading her books for the first time so trying not to give away anything or say to much.  


       I found this book not only fascinating, but thought provoking as well. As someone raised in the Baptist church since birth, even though the book is Urban Fantasy, it makes you think and wonder. Could we really be among The Hand of God? Could Guardian Angels really be walking the earth appearing as ordinary people. I found myself pondering questions throughout this well written and exciting book.  I would recommend it highly.




      I give this book 4 out of 5 books only because it's not really my cup of tea and I found it hard to follow in places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment