Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Review: Sellout By: James W. Lewis


   In this very well written book we follow five individuals. Terrell, Penelope, Tammy, Sheryl and Dedrick.  Each is dealing with  bad break-ups and how to move on from those relationships. It's an intense, witty, direct look at interracial relationships and the pain they face from both sides.  Every member followed in this book has logical reasons for their choices, but in working through things, they see more clearly what they want in life.  I don't want to give too much away, it would spoil this terrific book for you.


   This a book that would be great for book clubs and even includes discussion questions in the back. Some of the questions really made me look at myself, my views and the reasons for those views. Mr. Lewis did a very good job of making this an entertaining but thought provoking book.


   Having been in interracial relationships myself, I could relate to the book very easily. I've seen what can and does happen.  I loved the way this book laid it all bare for everyone to see. Nothing danced around or hidden, it was straight up and direct. I can't find anything I disliked about this book. You HAVE to read this book and I know you'll enjoy it as much as I did.




I give this book 5 out of 5 books for it's awesome story and outstanding writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment