Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Sleeping with Beauty by Nicole Casey

     Bonita is allergic to the sun. It meant she could only be outside during the night. To keep herself busy, Bonita filmed her brother's seven friends and the next door neighbor. Everyone thought they were great films. It gave Bonita an idea. She wanted to film a movie with Sasha Snow. Her parents thought she was crazy.

     This is not your child's Sleeping Beauty. This one has adult themes and explicit language. That being said, this story is the base for a terrific story. The writing is superb and the characters are well defined. I love that the author used an illness we don't know much about in this story. It gives it an interesting twist.  The logistics alone are difficult. Bonita must avoid the sun. She gets mail from Sasha Snow to work on her project. This book includes new love and a new couple. The other issues the author puts in the story help to make it a good one.

     I found no issues.

      I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because it needed a bit more buildup before the unveiling of the climax of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment