Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Permanently Temping by Lauren Milner-Howells

    Hollie Cooper is fresh from University and her father feels it's time for her to have a job.  He arranges for her to go to work at a law firm in hopes she will one day follow in his footsteps and become a lawyer. Hollie has other ideas though. She isn't really sure what she wants to do, so she signs up with a temp agency.  They send her to several different jobs and Hollie expresses her thoughts on each of them in her new career notebook.  While trying to find a job, she's also trying to find love. At University she dated James.  They broke up before they left University though. She met Stephen, an artist, but didn't have butterflies with him.  Then there was Gavin. He made her melt every time he smiled at her.  Hollie was trying to juggle all three men and her constant new jobs.  It's a rough way to start adulthood but, will she finally find a career?


     This book has a good story however, it seems a bit scattered.  Hollie seems more like an unstable young woman than one trying to find a job.  The love story is also good but it takes too long to get to the guy and then it's a quick ending.  I did enjoy the book, but it might take a few moments of settling in before you can really see what's happening. 


     I found issues and stated them above.


     I gave this one 3 out of 5 books because the story is just too fragmented. 

1 comment:

  1. You know, every time I see that title, I read "Permanently TempTing". I wonder if I am the only one.

    ReplyDelete