Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, March 15, 2013

I of the Storm by Neesha Hosein


      Kira loved the outdoors. The clouds, the weather, grass and flowers.  She shared her love of the outdoors with her Grandmother.  They spent lots of time there, until her 11th birthday. It was then Kira was struck by lightening and nearly died. She never felt the same about her birthday or the outdoors.  During high school, she met Gavin.  She fell in love with him immediately but soon found he wasn't exactly who she thought he was.  Things go from bad to worse once they marry. Kira learns her Grandmother's sage advice would come in handy all her life.

     A tragic but inspirational story, this well written novella will have you gasping at what a person will do in the name of love.  Characters who could be your neighbors or relatives, they are deeply defined.  I think all women should read this book and learn from it whether their situation is the same or not.  Ms Hosein struck a chord with this book.  I hope others can see that as well.  Get this book for the woman in your life.

     I found no issues in this one.  Beware it is graphic in spots.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it shows women's resilience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment