Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley

    As  she's dancing on her kitchen counter, she isn't thinking about anything but the fun she's having.  Then Emily Carson is watching the news. The plane her parents were on crashed!  The only thing left was a tray table with the words "EMILY PLEASE FORGIVE ME," in lipstick.  Now Emily is living in New York and everything is new.  Her new school's swim champ has his eyes on her.  Her chemistry partner isn't bad either.  Now her big worry is which one to choose. 

     This book hits hard with a very deep message to kids.  Jennifer Jabaley handled this subject matter with  grace and dignity.  The characters are ones you'd see anywhere in the world.  Emily is a very relate-able character and what she deals with, children handle every day.  

     I found no issues with this one.

     I gave this book 5 cheers out of 5 for originality and creativity.

Reviewed by Holly Baron age 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment