Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fire and Ice by Dianna Bellerose

    Nancy's life is nothing like she thought it would be.  She's in a bad marriage with in-laws who don't like her and trying to keep her family financially afloat.  She even went so far as to move from Poland to the United States in hopes things would get better. However, her mother-in-law had other ideas.  She poisoned her son against Nancy, his wife, and her family.  The things the mother-in-law says helps increase her son's anger toward Nancy and beatings become a regular occurrence.  




    This story is a good one of a woman struggling with life in an abusive marriage and with money becoming more and more of a problem every day.  The writing however, is terrible.  This is more of a narrative than a book.  I found it difficult to read in places because of the way it's written.  I think the author has potential.  


  The issues I found were listed above.


   I gave this one a 2 out of 5 books because the whole package needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment