Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Walking With Ducks by Martin A Naltiz, Jr.

* A Jack Reno Novel*

    Jack is a paralegal for a growing law firm.  He's very intuitive when it comes to finding scams or hustles. Oh, and Jack is a white-collar criminal on parole. The DA who prosecuted him is now his boss.  Who better to find out if someone is being taken advantage of than a criminal who use to do the same thing. Jack is working on a case for MFG. They are a mortgaging firm and are going to be investigated.  It's up to Jack to figure out if there is a swindle and what it is.  With some luck and a little help from former inmate friends, he does figure it out. The problem is the swindler isn't who he thought it was.  He gets drawn back into his old lifestyle, but can he walk away this time for good?

  A detective novel with a different approach and extremely likable characters is what you'll find in this book.  I enjoyed this book immensely.  The inclusion of what prison's like and some of the people there make this an education as well as a great read.  I did find all the talk of mortgages and stocks a bit over my head and boring.  I don't think it was necessary to include THAT much detail.  Still you'll enjoy this novel and Jack Reno.  I recommend this book especially to the mystery  and detective lovers crowd.

  The only issue was the overly detailed chapters on mortgages and stock markets. I think it took away from the story.

   I gave this one 4 out of 5 stars because the boiled down version of this book was very lite.
 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment