Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Passing as Elias by Kate Bloomfield

  *EROTICA*


   Elizabeth Searson is an independent woman. At least she'd like to be. Studying to be an apothecary with the Professor was only one step in her plan to becoming her own woman.  She did worry the town wouldn't accept a woman apothecary but the Professor said they would adjust and she was an excellent student.  Suddenly the Professor dies.  Elizabeth is distraught. What would happen to the apothecary shop now? When called to the local attorney's office for the reading of the will, Elizabeth can't imagine what the Professor would have left her. Once the will is read, she finds out the Professors's house and apothecary were hers. Or were they?  During this same time period, Captain George Greenwood is spending more and more time in Elizabeth's company. He wants to court her, her mother tells her.  After being told her husband would be the owner of the property left by the Professor, she decides to marry George. Seems like a happy ending for all doesn't it? It's only the beginning.


    What a wonderful book! Celebrating a woman's need to be independent and her forward thinking ideas, this book will make you cheer the main character.  When she gets the idea to pass as Elias, it's a stroke of genius.  No woman of that time period would have dared do such a thing in daylight.  Elizabeth is a character that's easy to love and feel sorry for. The story unfolds slowly and romantically. The twist at the end blew me out of the water!! I was so not expecting it!  Kate Bloomfield continues to show us just what good writing is all about.  I highly recommend this book. 


   I didn't have issues with this one.


   I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it's a stand out read!




     

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Twitter, and I'm so glad I did. My first book comes out in May, and you'll probably be hearing from me! Until then, if you're ever inclined...I set up a site of my own for authors / reviewers! Patch of Sky. http://ninetteswann.com

    Hope to continue to interact!

    ReplyDelete