Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Michal's Window by Rachelle Ayala

    Approximately 1000 BC in Israel.  David is the son of a shepherd and a harpist. The King is in need of soothing and so David comes to play his harp for him.  It works. The King delights in David's playing and keeps him at the palace.  Princess Michal is also taken with David. This the first time she's ever wanted a boy to notice her.  David is smitten with Princess Michal right away and makes time to see her without the King knowing.  Their romance blossoms.  When the King does find out he's upset at first but then allows Princess Michal and David to marry. Not long after, the King rages out of control and promises to kill David. Princess Michal knows David is the anointed King. When she watches David fleeing her father through her bedroom window, she knows things will get better in time. David has promised to come for her when it's safe. The problem is years pass with no word from David. Everyone believes he will never come back. David must keep his promise to Michal.


   This book is the extended version of David and Goliath.  It's very detailed, long and an excellent book.  I love the idea we get to see David before and after the Goliath incident and learn of his life in between.  The love story continues through years of fighting, lies and multiple disasters. The book is well researched, well written and one you'll enjoy.  I liked the book, however for me it was like being in Sunday school all over again. I found it too long for my tastes in this kind of story. 


   The issues I found were that it really began to drag in parts.  It was difficult to stay interested in.


    I gave this one 4 books out of 5 because it just seemed to go on and on and get no where.

No comments:

Post a Comment