Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Freedom First, Peace Later by Jeanette Hewitt

    It's 1980 and six Irish lives will change forever.  Their lives intersect in so many different ways and they each learn something on their journey. It's a time when Nationalist and Unionist are at war and have been for more than twenty years.  Death, bombs, racism and fear are included in every day.  Love will be won and lost.  Hearts will be broken and some may never recover from it all.  Bronwyn, Stu, Barry, Rosina , Connor and Danny are the people whose lives are affected by this war.  Bronwyn is confident, outgoing and very pretty. Barry is her fraternal twin and being torn in half by his job. Stu is a very young soldier far from home.  Rosina is a kind, sweet girl.  Connor is full of life, very protective and kind. Danny is all about the IRA.  The decisions they make will impact many lives.  Now to see if they can all survive this mess.

    A book that describes so much love from so much destruction is what we have here.  It's a poignant, heart wrenching story of the human side of the IRA and Britain's war.  Jeanette Hewitt has designed a story that puts you right in the heart of it all. I love the approach she took to this particular subject.  She took great care with each of her characters so there is much to learn about them.  I enjoy the honesty of this story. It doesn't glamorize war or the people involved, it stays very true  to the situation.  I recommend this book highly.

I didn't find any issues with this one.

 I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it swept you into the fray.



No comments:

Post a Comment