Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Love From Planet Wine Cooler by Kate Baggott

   A book that follows a young girl from her first imaginings of what the man in her life might be and onward.  This young girl is trying to find her way through life among smoking, drinking and sex.  Trying to figure out what everyone else seemed to just know.  It cost her some embarrassment and gave her a chance to change the things she'd done wrong. Each chapter is a mini story all it's own about a particular situation she found herself in and what happened.  She's blissfully unaware of the world around her.


   This is a coming of age book.  I found this book to be ok, but I wasn't fond of the format used for it.  It was more like reading someone's diary than reading a book.  The book is a tough read in spots, but maybe that's just me.  You'll follow this girl from 16 on and it's not always so entertaining.  


    I did find issues with the format and the story. It just didn't seem to strike an interest.


    I gave this book a 3 out of 5 because after reading it 3 times, I still didn't get much out of it. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Thanks for reading my short story collection three times. That shows your effort to be completely fair as a reviewer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete